Big Papi’s Paella Paired with Arias Cabernet Sauvignon and/or Arias Chardonnay
"I wanted to share a dish that is very popular in the latin community in a way that we have made it. This paella is a huge dish that really brings people together, something everyone will love and I really hope you enjoy it. If you try it, please let me know by using the hashtag #AriasInTheKitchen."
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 pounds chicken wings
2 cups risotto (or arborio rice )
1 green pepper (sliced)
1 red pepper (sliced)
1 large yellow onion (sliced)
4-6 cups chicken broth
¼ cup white wine (Arias brand)
1 pound cooked shrimp
1 ½ cups frozen peas
1 28-ounce can tomatoes (drained)
1½ cups linguica sausage (cooked, sliced into ¼ inch pieces and halved)
1 tablespoon Annatto seasoning (Annatto is traditional w/ Dominican paella, instead of saffron)
teaspoons Adobo seasoning
- In a paella pan (or extra-large fry pan) heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Salt and pepper the chicken wings and place them in the pan to brown (about 6 minutes). Remove the chicken wings and set aside.
- Add the green pepper, red pepper and onion to the pan and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Slowly add the rice, 4 cups of the both, wine, Annatto and Adobo seasonings to the mixture and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the chicken back into the pan and continue to simmer for 15 minutes. Continue to stir every 5 minutes and add additional broth (if needed ¼ cup at a time to have the rice reach your desired consistency).
- Add the frozen peas and sausage and simmer for an additional 5 to 6 minutes. Finally, add the cooked shrimp and stir for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to sit 8 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Last step: Pair with Arias Cabernet Sauvignon or Arias Chardonnay, and enjoy!
Downloadable PDF: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CifiVNZhYrXxOmrYJ...
Find My Cookbook Here! https://www.proscooking.com/